Drug Addiction. MCTD. Major Depression.


Friday 14 November 2014

Will you leave stability for something uncertain?

I was not born pretty. Mother told me to study hard at school. She said, at least if no one is marrying me in the future, I will be able to get a good job and support myself.

Three days ago, my boyfriend's mother asked if I would be happy to be married to his son within 5 months time?

---

I read a post in Instagram about a lady who had a beautiful life in Brazil - family, friends and career. She left everything to follow a man she loved back to his country. If it was a movie, that commonly the ending - and we all thought the couple would live happily ever after. However, this is a real life. The lady learnt not to leave happiness behind for something unknown.

Is there anything certain in life? Something that can tell us it is alright to take the risk to explore the unknown.

I never thought I would come to this phase where I need to make a decision to marry the one I love - now, or later.

Mother once told me, don't date too many guys - I will end up not knowing which one to choose. Mother didn't tell me - if it was only one guy, I still had to choose.

I always ask anyone married, friends or strangers, why did you marry him/her? I got many answers;
"we've been dating for so long",
"she is the only one who can stands me",
"her mother thinks this is the right time",
"why not?"

And I always tell myself, if I ever got married, let the reason be love.
"I marry him because I love him."

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts